1. Breathe deeply to support the tone.
2. Expand through the chest and back when breathing.
3. Increase breath capacity with long tones.
4. Place the flute below the lip.
5. Roll out the bottom lip.
6. Close the lips to form the embouchure.
7. Sing the pitch before playing aloud.
8. Energize the tone with a fast air stream.
9. Focus the tone for beautiful color.
10. Sustain the sound between the notes.
11. Hear each pitch before playing aloud.
12. Count numbers to fit the meter at all times.
13. Use the metronome to raise rhythmic awareness.
14. Connect between notes with the air stream.
15. Loosen the fingers for smooth phrasing.
16. Relax the body to project the sound.
17. Lighten the tongue when articulating.
18. Finish the phrase while the air is moving.
19. Set practice goals.
20. Include phrasing and direction in every note.
21. Mark breaths to define phrasing.
22. Develop endurance through long tones.
23. Practice for accuracy and consistency.
24. Organize daily practice goals.
25. Study music for improved accuracy.
26. Begin practice early in the day.
27. Include scales and arpeggios every day.
28. Build technique through slow practice
29. Perform regularly
30. Enjoy the creative, artistic language of music